The Owl costumes here have been graciously submitted by readers like yourself. If you end up with a cool costume, or already have some cool costumes to share, send them over via this form. You can win a cool prize – but more importantly, you’ll be taking part in creating the Web’s ultimate homemade costume resource for everyone to enjoy.
Latest Owl Costumes
- Lord of Tears Owl Man CostumeThis homemade Lord of Tears Owl man costume was great fun to create, but little did I know all the … Read more
- Feathery Snowy Owl Costume for my 8-Year Old DaughterIt all started when my animal crazy, nature loving daughter Molly saw a really fabulous, but extremely expensive owl costume. … Read more
- Homemade Whimsical Owl Costume for a WomanI wanted to have an owl costume that wasn’t all bulky tootsie roll commercial owl but a pretty thing. So … Read more
- Cute Newborn Sleepy Owl CostumeHalloween is my favorite time of the year and I love getting creative and making my own costumes. This year, … Read more
- Cheap Shabby Chic Girl’s Owl Witch CostumeMy middle child has been obsessed with owls lately, so of course she wanted to be one for Halloween. Owl … Read more
- Sweet Homemade Halloween Baby Costume: Little OwlI decided to make a costume for my 4 month old daughter’s first Halloween. We live in Wisconsin so I … Read more
- Coolest Girls Owl Halloween CostumeAfter scouring the internet for unique ideas on what to dress my daughter up as for Halloween, I finally found … Read more
- Colorful Homemade Owl Costume CostumeI love owls, and I wanted an Owl costume Halloween. I found the felt from Hobby Lobby. I wanted to be … Read more
- Best Woman’s Owl Homemade Halloween CostumeI had several ideas in mind for my Halloween costume this year. The costume ideas were Pocahontas, Disney Princess, cat … Read more
- Great DIY Lady Owl Halloween CostumeI am wearing my Lady Owl costume to our annual Halloween party for kids and families at Franklin Park Conservatory … Read more
- Original DIY Owl Costume and MakeupOwls are my favorite animals so I thought it would be a good idea to try to make a DIY … Read more
- Coolest One of a Kind “Who Dat” Wordplay Owl CostumeI’m back. I usually like to make my costumes a play on words. Last year’s idea came from me being from New … Read more
Featured Owl Costumes
After five failed attempts at making an Eve costume to complement her brother’s Wall-E, we ended up making my daughter an owl costume for Halloween last year. I made a body suit out of some fuzzy animal material. It was a simple jump suit that Velcro’d over her shoulders. She wore a black sweatshirt under, and black boots.
I made a cape with hood out of the same material, then cut an owl eyes, beak and ear shape from foam. I glued brown and black feathers all over the foam, except for the eye circles that I left black. I also added some orange foam for the beak. I then attached this mask to the front of the cape hood. Read more »
My five year old wanted to be an owl but I can’t sew. I managed to get this ensemble together with about $20 worth of felt, foam board, ribbon, craft feathers, and a cheap pair of plastic novelty glasses (with the plastic lenses popped out).
Other items used to construct the owl costume: x-acto knife, scissors, glue stick, tape, safety pins. The base of the costume consists of stuff we already had: orange Crocs, brown socks, brown fleece pants, long sleeved brown t-shirt, and a short-sleeved brown t-shirt. Read more »