P.S. if my English is bad, excuse me, I am a French Canadian.
Last year, a friend of mine and me decided to do Lego costumes for Halloween and won 1st place in two different bars, so we decided to participate again this year. We brainstormed for about two weeks and ended up with the Minions idea. So here we go occupying almost every single evening of the three past weeks.
First step was the round head, we didn’t know at first what to use to get a nice round finish but managed to get something acceptable by using an exercise ball and applying layers of mashed paper on it. After a week of drying we cut it in two halves and filled them with isolating foam to get them rock solid.
Second step was the body. We placed the head over some cardboard we picked up at our local store to make discs which will provide support to the sides. We then cut out holes to see through what will become glasses and eyes.
The glasses and eyes:
The third step was our biggest concern, how to see, without being seen. After some research at the Dollar Store (lol), we figured that the best idea was Windows net. We bought some and drew eyes on it with spray paint and did the finishing touch with a small brush. For the glasses we used buckets, foam balls which we cut in half to make fake rivets, and plexiglass. We also used extra foam to carve teeth.
This step was the easiest. we applied yellow paint on the heads and yellow cardboard all around the bodies.
It’s nice to have a mother who knows how to stitch. She helped a lot with the last step of the costumes by making overalls with Velcro at the waists so we can get in and out of the costume.
We then applied the logo on the front of it and the costume was done.
Your comment has been sent successfully.