I saw the original Homemade Headless Boy Costume on this website a couple of years ago. My son wanted to do it so I thought we’d add our own touches.
1. I found an old tshirt of my son’s and hot glued the shoulder areas to a long piece of cardboard.
2. I then glued a standard sized pillowcase to the other side of the cardboard to add some fullness to the back of the costume.
3. I got a black trench coat and put that over the shirt made cardboard piece.
4. For the jar I cut the bottom and the back pieces out. I also cut a chunk of the jar lid so the air could get into the jar better.
5. I found some bloody hands at the halloween store and attched those to the trench coat. I stuffed the sleeves of the trench coat with newspaper.
6.I positioned the jar where I wanted and attached the arms the way I liked to the jar. There are many different ways to do this. Hot glue works great for this project.
7. I made the bloody stump from styra foam, painted it and added the fake blood. My son got some scar tattoos and we added those to his face with some fake blood.
My son loved the costume and said it was very comfy. He won 1st place in the costume contest!