Coolest DIY Beetlejuice Miss Argentina Costume
As it is Halloween, I thought I would share my costume with you from Newcastle in the U.K! I made this costume for a Halloween party with my friends, who all go to great lengths to make the “best costume” – this year, I thought I would try something different.
I decided on Miss Argentina from Beetlejuice. You would usually find her in Neitherland of the recently deceased. You might remember her famous quote “If I knew then what I know now, I wouldn’t of had my little accident!”
Anyway… moving onto my costume. I had just recently attended my sister’s wedding as a bridesmaid and my purple dress was just perfect for Miss Argentina. The main concerns I had was sourcing the hair, sash, cape and painting myself the right shade of green.
- For the sash, I used wide wedding ribbon and a Sharpie marker.
- For the cape, I managed to get some red devil wings from the £ shop. I bent them around my shoulders and sewed a meter of red sequinned fabric to the bottom to make my cape (the fabric only cost £3.45)
- For the hair, I decided to spray my black hair red which didnt work. Then I tried to spray it white and then red, which still didn’t work. I ended up buying a really cheap red devil wig (with horns)
- I cut the horns out of the wig
- I then put the wig on my head and styled it like Miss Argentinas, using no heat (just grips and hairspray)
- For the face paint, I used the shade “pale green” from Snazaroo
- For my legs, i decided not to use the face paint. I managed to get the perfect shade of green tights.
As you can see from the pictures, once it was all put together, it looked really effective!
I hope you like it!