These DIY grape and berry easy Halloween costume ideas are so much fun. What’s more, they are cheap, easy and instantly recognizable. It’s amazing how a cluster of balloons can effectively look like a bunch of grapes!
Even though most of these costume employ the use of balloons, it’s very cool to see everyone’s personal twist on the same theme. One costumer chose different shades of purple balloons for her bunch of grapes. Someone else made sure to blow up her balloons in different sizes. As with all homemade costume creations, grape and berry costumes are open to various interpretations.
Of course, this costume is also appealing because of it’s relative ease to put together. When you are stuck without a costume, this will come together in a pinch.
Will you try this one? If you do, drop us a line and share your homemade costume with us here. We would love to see it!
Latest Grape and Berry Costumes
- Easy Fruit of the Loom Grapes CostumeI couldn’t decide what to be for Halloween last year. I didn’t feel like buying a costume, but I didn’t … Read more
- Fun and Easy Homemade Costume Idea: I Heard it Through the Grapevine!Our VBS is always an elaborate event with vibrant massive decorations, creative crafts, and with lots of colorful characters telling … Read more
- Sweet Homemade Costume for a Baby: Little Baby GrapeI wanted to make an adorable and funny costume for my daughter’s first Halloween. And I had some time on … Read more
- Easy Grape Costume for the Little OnesCute fun and the whole family can join in. Just grab some balloons and you have yourself an easy and … Read more
- Last-Minute Bushel of Grapes Halloween CostumeI knew I’d undoubtedly be a fire hazard and the idea of having to frequently inflate myself throughout the night … Read more
- Last-Minute Easy Grapes Halloween CostumeThis is Ms. Audrey Lee. Her “bunch -o -grapes” costume was created simply (and afford -ably) with green balloons, a … Read more
- Last Minute Costume Idea: Original Bunch of Grapes!My costume for Halloween was a bunch of grapes! It was very easy to make and easy on my wallet. … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Grapes Halloween CostumeThis Homemade Grapes Halloween Costume is made from balloons. The balloons are attached with safety pins. The face is painted … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Bunch of Grapes Baby CostumeI have twin 3 month old daughters and could not find a costume that could fit them and keep them … Read more
- Coolest DIY Raspberry Halloween Costume IdeaThe DIY Raspberry Halloween Costume Idea was such fun to make and dress up as. I went to the craft … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Bunch of Grapes CostumesMade my twins homemade bunch of grapes costumes for Halloween. Very easy steps to build and they were a huge … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Grapes CostumeThis grapes costume was a relatively simple costume to make. She wore a purple sweatsuit (with a hood) and I … Read more
Featured Easy Halloween Costume Ideas
This was an easy Halloween costume that I thought of. My friend and I were raspberries! We wore all red and safety pinned red balloons all over our bodies. Also add in the face paint and you will be looking yummy as can be! This was so much fun. All you need is red balloons. Everyone will want to pop your balloons!
Total Spent: $7
For this costume, I purchased a black sweat suit consisting of a hooded sweatshirt and sweatpants. I hot glued a cording on the front of the sweat suit to look like the vine of the grapes. I purchased a few packages of deep purple balloons – you could also go with a green sweat suit and green balloons if you choose.
I had to blow each one up, then I fastened each balloon through the knot on the top of the balloon with a safety pin to the sweat suit, I put them randomly mainly in the front of the suit, making it possible to sit.
I purchased plastic grape leaves to fasten on the top of the hood; again I used a safety pin to fasten. I purchased a black mask to cover the face a little (but he is not wearing it in this picture).
It is an easy Halloween costume, unique and not too expensive. It was a big hit at the school Halloween party (The strawberry costume was not handmade, it was bought through a catalog).