I am a Dr. Seuss fan, as are my daughters. I thought it would be great to make a Cat in the Hat costume and bring the Cat in the Hat to life.
Thing 1 and Thing 2 Costume Instructions
I sewed Thing 1 and 2 using red fleece for the body suit, gloves and shoe covers,
White fleece was used for their label and embroidered letters added.
White fleece hats were covered with a blue boa using hot glue.
Ca in the Hat Costume Instructions
- For the Cat I used black faux fur for the suitand welding wire in the tail.
- White long hair fur was added to the belly with a red fleece bow.
- For the hood, I used a stuffed animal idea to create the side of the face and ears.
- I used picture hanger Velcro to attach the hat.
- I used red and white double layered fleece with fabric stiffener, welding wire and a cardboard box for the hat.
- On the four fingered gloves I used white fleece.
- On the face I used white face paint, a cat nose I cut out of a cat mask.
- Then I used broom bristles for the whiskers and attached them with spirit gum.
- On my eyes I used black eye liner and fake lashes
- I used black lipstick for my mouth.
- I also went on line to find my hook umbrella to complete my idea.
The hardest part was the cat’s hat. Being so tall is was a challenge to get it to stay the way I wanted it. It took me two weeks to design and sew these costumes using a Brother sewing and embroidery machine.
The reactions were unbelievable, I excited every one with my costume and made them happy. I got a lot of people who told me that it was the best costume they had seen. I just enjoyed making my girls happy. I loved putting it all together and then the reactions made it even more worth my time and effort.
A lot of people said I needed to be in a costume contest, so I thought I would give it a try, I hope that you all enjoy my work as well.
I am happy to share with you all!