This is how I made my Rubik’s cube costume. You will need foam board, colored foam sheets, spray adhesive, glitter, black duct tape, something to hold the 3 pieces together so you can wear it on your shoulders.
- step 1 : Cut your foam board into 28 inches long each piece
- step 2: Cut your foam pieces into 71/2 inches by 71/2,you will need 9 of each color
- step 3: Take the duct tape and cover the top of each piece of foam board 1/2 inches from the top, then take 2 pieces of foam board and tape them together, edge to edge, it will be hard to bend and it should be
- step 4: spray a cut foam piece and place it directly under the tape on the top and next to the edge,when first piece is on you take duct tape and place a piece next to the piece you applied, then repeat with same color 2 more times, you should have three, you then repeat it on each board, you can use different colors I chose to put three of the same color on each board
- step 5: take your top piece and make a hole so your head will fit through
- step 6: place tape around the opening for your head, I put all different colors on the top part where my head went through, make it your own like I did
- step 7 : punch small holes on the bottom of each board on the sides I used a hole puncher, I strung string through it, then placed the cubes onto of each other, you can add a belt or suspenders to keep it on your shoulders.when you are all finished , you may choose to spray the squares and add glitter.
I chose to keep mine in three pieces so I could step out of it to sit etc. My hands were also inside, if you want you can cut out a circle so your hands can go through. This is the first year I made a costume for a party I was attending, it took me about three weeks because I did a little each day.
When I entered the door of the party, it was like I was on the red carpet, everyone was laughing and taking pictures, I was a big hit, and also won the best costume, out beat some good ones, mine was original and made it my own. I will be making another one for next year.
It drove me crazy some days but well worth it, I never laughed so much at the party and someone actually bought it from me so they can hang it in their basement with their bar!
Your comment has been sent successfully.