The Deadilest Catch Costume
For this “The Deadliest Catch” costume, I used one long cardboard box and one smaller. I cut the hole out to make sure of the fit. Then I started to see what I wanted.
I taped the control bridge on and shaped it up to look like a ship. I used plastic separators from them sorting boxes. For the windows.. 1/2 PVC for the mast. I drilled out the end caps for the lights.
I used Christmas lights and cut them and wired them in using lighted toggle switch and a nine volt battery (the bigger square one).
I added a pair of suspenders. On this one I needed to add a piece of 1×2 under the control tower for support.
A trip to Ac Moore for accessories barrels and buckets from doll house stuff.
All Krylon spray paint is used and the reason I prefer Krylon is that it dries fast and is durable enough for the costumes because usually I have to work on these things at night after the kids go to bed… Yes, many a night till midnight doing them.
It took about one week to complete at night – few hours every night – this one is quick to build. Pretty much every other piece, including the rope, the little black lights and the netting on rear I had laying around. Again a good way to recycle.
And the best part is that the kids will play with these after Halloween for a couple weeks.
And for a total cost of 3 rolls duct tape and 3 cans of spray paint it’s worth it.
If anyone ever needs help or advice you can ask here and I’ll comment back.