I was thinking of an idea for good and original costume for this Halloween. I thought a "living dead doll" would be cool. I found some living dead dolls on the internet "real ones" but instead I preferred to create one my own imagination. Because it's more fun this way. Why copy something, when you can create what you want!
So what i used is:
- A child dress (that i modified to fit in) - 6$
- A white "puffy lace" under the dress - 5$
- Two pair of white panties(I made a hole in for the head) - 11$
- Black wool (use it for the seams on the panties and I cut little pieces that I glued on my skin and face with liquid latex - 1$
- Red wool for the hair - 1$
- 2 big buttons (I painted those in red and made bigger holes to see through it 2$. The buttons are glued to pieces of fabric and is held to my face with liquid latex and there is a little sponge between the face and the fabric so I can blink my eye! (better this way)
- A bald cap (painted in white and sewn in black wool)- 2$
- White face panting and red for the lips - 2$
- Black shoes (my own)
Total spent: 30$
It's worth it! People took a lot of pictures and I had much fun.
I absolutely love Halloween and the thrill of dressing up. I enjoy checking out all the costumes every year. Well, this year I decided I didn't want to dress all cute and typical but instead wanted everyone to be staring at me. I thought and thought about what I had already that I could turn myself into. I remembered seeing a collection of dead dolls on the internet once, and set off for my closet to see what I had to make a Homemade Living Dead Doll Costume.
I found a skirt, blouse, and bought some cheap white tights. I used a black permanent marker to make stitches on the tights. I painted my face and hands white and painted stitches on them as well. I had a wig in a Halloween box that was too crazy to brush out, so it was just perfect. Dug out some black wedge sandals I had and outfit complete.
Tip: I never smiled and I also walked around stiff legged with my head jerking side to side. (like that girl in the movie "The Grudge"). Well, I definitely got the looks I was hoping for and it was awesome!!
Comments for Coolest Homemade Living Dead Doll Costume 3
Coolest Homemade Night of the Living Dead Halloween Costume
by Lindsay K
(New Milford, CT)
Homemade Night of the Living Dead Halloween Costume
Here I made my own Homemade Night of the Living Dead Halloween Costume. It is all body latex fabric from Micheals, Halloween make up paint fake blood , a wig, and a lot of work and time. I also have colored contacts in for the affect. I also took one of my shirts and made burn holes in it and made my skin look burnt underneath it.
Also in the middle of my stomach I made Intestines from my stomach from stockings, stuffing, food coloring and fake blood. It took me about 2 1/2 hours total to get the look I was going for.
Here I am in a Living Dead Doll Costume. The arms and legs are black and white striped over the knee socks. The wig I found in a supermarket. I think it's a bad fairy wig. The dress is just a black dress and I made the dolly myself.
For the make up I had a white base on face and neck with pink blush and lots of black around the eyes and mouth, with big eye brows.