Last-Minute Homemade Mary Poppins Costume (That Didn’t Cost a Penny!)
Last year Halloween was VERY wet and VERY cold. I almost didn’t take my son trick-or-treating because it was so miserable outside. However, the munchkin was dying to go and I had to find something quick that would keep me warm. I dug around in my closet (I LOVE clothes and have a ton of vintage pieces) and came up with Mary Poppins!
Walking around everyone LOVED the costume. I think it is always a win when you dress up and everyone knows who you are supposed to be. Best of all? I was warm and the umbrella kept us dry!
Absolute best part? This outfit cost me $0.
Run down on the various pieces of the outfit:
- Skirt – Had in closet
- Vintage coat – Had in closet
- White shirt – Had in closet
- Red cumberbun – wrapped some red tights around my waist
- Tights – had in closet
- Shoes – had in closet
- Bow tie – It’s actually crepe paper!
- Hat – A black vintage hat and I added some flowers from my garden outside
- Gloves – had in closet
- Bag – had in closet
- Umbrella – part of my vintage umbrella collection