Lamb Costume Ideas
Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, Japan
I followed a pattern for the sheep. I did simplify it by coloring on the nose instead of sewing on the contrasting fabric, and I saved on materials by lining the ears with card stock to get them to stand up.
I'd use cotton balls and hot glue if I had to make a new sheep instead of spray adhesive (that got messy and I am STILL finding batting places).
Elizabeth City, NC
I love to make my children's costumes every year. I look forward to Halloween just to make their costumes. I decided on a lamb costume for my two year old because it was going to be so fast and simple because I was making my six year old a shark costume that was going to require more of my time.
I went to the local thrift store to find some light colored sweat suit with a hood to glue cotton balls to. At first I poured Elmer's glue on a plate and was dipping the cotton balls in it and then placing them on the pants. But that was slow going and it was messing up the cotton balls. I ended up just squeezing glue directly onto the fabric section by section and just placing the cotton balls down one at a time and pressing it into place and then on to the next one I was really moving this way however the moisture from the glue was seeping through to the back side so I used cardboard inside the clothes to keep the pants and shirt from being glued to itself.
I used felt for the ears and painted pink in the center of the ears then sewed them to the hood and then covered up the ugly stitches that were showing with...you guessed it more cotton balls. I started with like four bags of cotton balls. I ended up running back to the store at least two more times for more cotton balls! I think I ended up with about eight bags in total.
Total spent: $15
My daughter came home from nursery with a letter stating she needed a costume as she was to be a lamb in the school play.
I bought some lamb effect material and used a pattern for a jump suit with hood to make the main part of the costume. I then made ears which I attached to the hood and a tail.
Very simple and inexpensive but she was delighted!
Total Spent: £5