This Homemade Sack of Taters Baby Costume was fairly easy but time consuming. I took an old burlap sack (from eBay $5) and cut arm and leg holes to fit my baby. I also centered up and painted an Idaho potato logo with black paint, $2. I cut the back so that I could cinch it to fit. I used pins but you could sew, or tie with a string.
For the potatoes I cut various sizes and colors of panty hose, $3. I used brown thread and sewed each end with a slip stitch and pulled through to for a knot. I filled with stuffing (batting)$7 and sewed closed. Also I used needle and thread to sew and create knots or (eyes) of the potatoes. They were sewn to a brown crocheted hat (any boggon dyed brown would do). We used strings to secure around face.
I also turned down the top of the sack and sewn on potatoes to create the illusion of potatoes falling out! And the final touch I used RIT dye, $5, to color regular COTTON TIGHTS brown $5!
The costume cost me approximately $25.00 to make and is a weekend project.
Comments for Coolest Sack of Taters Baby Costume 2
My daughter couldn’t decide what she wanted to be this Halloween until one day I was eating peas in pasta at a restaurant and an idea came to me. I researched how to make a good Homemade Sweet Pea Costume online but I couldn’t find very much so had to come up with this costume on my own.
For this costume I made a green skirt and bought a green shirt. I cut Styrofoam balls in half, covered them with green felt and then attached them to the shirt with fabric glue. I made the cape with a hood out of soft,green, thin felt as well. On the top I attached a curly stem and leaf with a pipe cleaner.
This is one of the best costumes I have ever made for my daughter and I was proud to see her wear it on Halloween and get tons of compliments from every house. At school she won the best costume and she was so happy.
I was inspired by the homemade Frosted Mini Wheat costume posted on your website. I decided to add a face because well, let's face it, it just makes it funnier.
I made a fabric sack out of tan felt with a hole in the top for my head and arm holes. Then I glued raffia to the sack using craft glue and spray adhesive. Then a painted one side with white spray paint and puff paint to create the frosting. Then I made the face out of black felt.
And you should know... the frosted mini wheat could really break it down. And apparently that was the funniest thing of it all.
Thanks for the idea www.coolest-homemade-costumes.com! Your website rocks.
Comments for Coolest Homemade Frosted Mini Wheat Costume 2