The superhero costumes are semi-homemade. The Superman shirt, Wonder Woman shirt, red wig, and Wonder Woman skirt were already owned by the people wearing them.
- The Wonder Woman headband was made using gold fabric, a piece of carboard and a stretchy headband.
- Cut the cardboard into the shape of the Wonder Woman logo and then wrap the gold fabric around it and hot glue it in place.
- Use a short piece of rope to create a lasso.
- The Batman mask was made from a full black mask and then cut into the shape of batman.
- The Batman shirt was made using a black shirt.
- A circle was then cut from a yellow shirt.
- Another black shirt was used to create the Batman shape.
- Then the yellow background and black Batman logo were hot glued onto the original black shirt.
- The Poison Ivy outfit was made by gluing ivy leaves from a craft store onto a green tank top.
- The arm bands were white fishnet stockings that were colored green and then adorned with ivy.
- The Joker outfit was created using green pants and a green shirt.
- The question marks are just iron on letters and when those ran out, a sharpie was used.
- Purple gloves and the hat came from the Dollar Tree.
- The hat was spray painted green and the purple band was hot glued on.
You can read about our special volleyball group costuming tradition on my Author page…