These last-minute DIY duct tape costumes turned out to be a huge success! For weeks leading up to Halloween weekend, my roommates and I could not decide on a group costume for the three of us. We wanted a costume that was fun, cheap, easy, and of course sexy! It was not until my walk home from work (Halloween night) when an idea popped into my head, Alvin and the Chipmunks! The three of us received compliments from our fellow Halloween party goers all night.
To recreate these cute and simple duct tape costumes, you’ll need converse sneakers or any white shoes, tall white socks, red, blue and green markers, shear black stockings, plastic wrap, red, blue, green and yellow duct tape, glasses for the friend who will be Simon, and a red hat for the friend who will be Alvin. We pretty much had all of the supplies except the duct tape!
Making Our Duct Tape Costumes
- Step 1: Decide who will be who in your trio costume! Alvin wears red with the hat, Simon is in blue with glasses, and Theodore is in green.
- Step 2: Take the markers and color two parallel lines around the top of the white socks. The color of the lines should match the color of duct dress you’ll be wearing.
- Step 3: Put on your black stockings, white tall socks, and sneakers.
- Step 4: Decide how the length of your dress and then wrap your body in plastic wrap. The plastic wrap is necessary if you don’t want to take your skin off at the end of the night when you remove your duct tape costume!
- Step 5: Following where you wrapped yourself in plastic wrap, take the color of duct tape that your chipmunk wears and wrap it around your body. This can be done on yoursef, but it’s much easier having a friend help you wrap it. You want to make sure the wrapping is tight but not too tight where you can not breath. Take the yellow duct tape and tape a letter A to Alivn’s chest, S to simon’s chest, and T to Theodore’s chest.
- Step 6: Take super cute pictures and post them all over Instagram and Facebook!
- Step 7: Have an amazing night with your best friends wearing the cutest DIY Alvin and the Chipmunks duct tape costumes!
More Alvin and the Chipmunks Costumes
Take a look at all the Alvin and the Chipmunks costumes on the site.