I always wanted to have a "devil" costume but did not want to wear the run-of-the-mill costume that is bought in stores so I made my own. I used armature wire as framework for the horns and wings. The wingspan when fully stretched was about 7-8 feet. The horns are secured on my head with a red pipe cleaner lattice.
The body of the costume is made of a fabric that resembles the fuzzy half of Velcro. This entire costume was painstakingly sewn together by me and my very cheap sewing machine which does only one kind of stitch (and I have no experience sewing at all). The skirt is a deconstructed red velvet cape (I used the rest of the red cape material to make the horns and sleeves).
This took a total of about seven hours to make. People thought I was some sort of professional costume designer, it was cool!
Total Spent: $40
My son wanted to be a devil for Halloween, but I wanted to add to it to make him stand out from the rest.
I bought a devil costume and then added poster board for flames and put him in the basket.
This one was a winner at the Halloween contest.
Total Spent: $25
Quinlyn is actually the sweetest little girl you’d ever meet. We went with the irony of her being a devil instead of an angel.
The pattern for this costume was simply an altered Tinkerbell costume with red fabrics. I knew I wanted a cute, pretty devil , which is why I chose sparkly confetti fabric. The horns and tail were purchased.
I made the flame bow on the horns to add to the cute factor. I also made her matching specific trick or treat bag of flames. Her sparkly red shoes and tights completed the costume. This costume took about a week to make.
This is the costume that my mom made. It only took her a couple of days. The neck and bottom have a nice fur trim. The tail is made out of pipeline. The horns are just made out of a headband.
I received VERY many compliments on this costume. People even want to borrow it this year. By the way, the fabric was on clearance for $1.00 a yard!