Creepiest Glam Meets Gore Costume
This Glam Meets Gore costume took me about an hour and a half to create. I am an aspiring Special FX Makeup Artist, trying to build my portfolio, so I usually just sit at home and practice on myself.
Products Needed to Recreate This Look
- Liquid Latex
- Tissue Paper
- Ben Nye Nose and Scar Wax
- Ben Nye Stage Blood
- Ben Nye Thick Blood
- Ben Nye Charchoal Powder
- Bobby Pins
- Castor Oil
- Barrier Spray
- Mac Russian Red Lip Stick
Step By Step Glam Meets Gore Costume Instructions
- Put liquid latex on the face and chest using a disposable sponge.
- Roll thin pieces of tissue paper to stick on the latex… create shapes with the tissue paper all over the face and chest (I added a layer covering my mouth).
- Add another layer of Liquid Latex over top of the tissue paper so it sticks.
- Dry with a blow dryer, on cool, until latex is no longer sticky.
- Rip the layer of tissue paper covering your mouth, so there’s an opening around your mouth.
- Add a layer of Castor Oil over top of latex (this makes it easier to add colour).
- Colour in wounds with Mac “Russian Red” lipstick.
- Outline the wounds with Ben Nye charcoal powder.
- Add nose and scar wax to inside of mouth wound.
- Smooth out with Vaseline on your finger tips, until it’s blended onto the mouth.
- Seal with liquid latex.
- Add bobby pins to mouth to make it look like stitches.
- Add stage blood and thick blood around the wounds, and inside the wounds. Don’t cover up the charcoal outline.
- Add Mac lipsitck underneath the eyes, to give it that “dead” look
- Add black eyeliner to eyes to add some glamour to the look.
- Spray with barrier spray.
I enjoy going to clubs, lounges and restaurants dressed like this, just to see what kind of reaction I get.
I’m hoping to turn my talent into a career someday. :)