Coolest Scooby Doo Group Costume
My children usually do a group costume every year, and this year’s theme was Scooby Doo! I made this Homemade Scooby Doo Group Costume within about a day.
Shaggy’s costume was relatively easy, a large green shirt and baggy brown pants, a wig and goatee.
Fred’s was also fairly easy with a plain long sleeved white shirt and dark blue pants. I measured the neck of the shirt then cut dark blue fabric and made a collar. Then cut and sewed the ascot and sewed the two pieces together. Lastly, I safety pinned the whole piece onto the neck of the shirt after it was on and tied it (If I would have sewed it on the neck wouldn’t stretch to get his head through).
Daphne’s was a little trickier. I used a woman’s long sleeved dark purple shirt for the dress. Turned inside out on my daughter I pinned the areas to fit her, took it off, then cut and sewed them. Then I took light purple fabric strips and hot glued them to the bottom hem and wrists.
After she put it on I took a longer purple strip and tied it around her hips (If I would have glued it, it wouldn’t have stretched for her to get the dress on). Then I hemmed some lime green fabric and used it as her scarf. We finished off the costume with a purple headband, pink leggings and boots that she already had.
Velma’s was also pretty tricky. I used a men’s large dark orange sweatshirt for her top, turtleneck and knee high socks/leg warmers. Same method as Daphne, I turned it inside out and pinned in the areas to fit my daughter. I also marked where to cut the bottom and arms off to fit.
From the excess bottom fabric I made a wide loop to bunch up around her neck to make it look like a turtleneck. From the cuffs of the sweatshirt I cut the length of her legs and sewed a straight edge to use as her socks. Her red skirt was simply made with a little hemming and some elastic. Her glasses were sunglasses with the lenses popped out.
The Mystery Machine was made with poster board and paint. Using a picture as my guide I penciled the design on one board and then used a sharpy to define the right layout. I then put the two poster boards together and held them up to a light and slowly transferred the design to the other board. Painted them and cut out the window area and taped it to the stroller.
We got many compliments on their costumes!!