My children usually do a group costume every year, and this year's theme was Scooby Doo! I made this Homemade Scooby Doo Group Costume within about a day.
Shaggy's costume was relatively easy, a large green shirt and baggy brown pants, a wig and goatee.
Fred's was also fairly easy with a plain long sleeved white shirt and dark blue pants. I measured the neck of the shirt then cut dark blue fabric and made a collar. Then cut and sewed the ascot and sewed the two pieces together. Lastly, I safety pinned the whole piece onto the neck of the shirt after it was on and tied it (If I would have sewed it on the neck wouldn't stretch to get his head through).
Daphne's was a little trickier. I used a woman's long sleeved dark purple shirt for the dress. Turned inside out on my daughter I pinned the areas to fit her, took it off, then cut and sewed them. Then I took light purple fabric strips and hot glued them to the bottom hem and wrists.
After she put it on I took a longer purple strip and tied it around her hips (If I would have glued it, it wouldn't have stretched for her to get the dress on). Then I hemmed some lime green fabric and used it as her scarf. We finished off the costume with a purple headband, pink leggings and boots that she already had.
Velma's was also pretty tricky. I used a men's large dark orange sweatshirt for her top, turtleneck and knee high socks/leg warmers. Same method as Daphne, I turned it inside out and pinned in the areas to fit my daughter. I also marked where to cut the bottom and arms off to fit.
From the excess bottom fabric I made a wide loop to bunch up around her neck to make it look like a turtleneck. From the cuffs of the sweatshirt I cut the length of her legs and sewed a straight edge to use as her socks. Her red skirt was simply made with a little hemming and some elastic. Her glasses were sunglasses with the lenses popped out.
The Mystery Machine was made with poster board and paint. Using a picture as my guide I penciled the design on one board and then used a sharpy to define the right layout. I then put the two poster boards together and held them up to a light and slowly transferred the design to the other board. Painted them and cut out the window area and taped it to the stroller.