Coolest Samurai Cat Costume
Samurai cat is a series of illustrated books by Mark Rodgers. I love cats and his books inspired me to make this Samurai Cat costume based on the chief character, Miaowara Tomokato. I even wore the costume to a convention where he was at and he was very impressed.
How I Made the Costume
- I made the costume from thin metal which I had a friend drill the holes into for the lacing. I bought a roll of shoe lacing from Tandy Leather.
- I made the helmet from paper mache and cardboard. I then painted and lacquered it with several layers of polyurethane.
- I made the cat suit from fake fur and the face with fake fur and latex. The whiskers were fishing line.
- I made the chain maille from rings cut from springs for spring doors at the local department store. I
- bought the sword online and painted it to match the one in the books.