We decided to go out as the old and enhanced Ken and Barbie Couple Costume. We got paper towel boxes from the grocery store, cut and taped them together, then painted them. We had to paint 5 coats on the box to get it to cover good. We put bubble wrap on the underside so it wouldn't hurt our heads. Then had dollar store clip on lights that we taped on the underside so the lights would shine on us.
We put plastic wrap across the front openings. We had a sign that said "comes with accessories" Then taped various accessories inside the box. (remote control, bottle of Viagra, fur lined handcuffs). On the back of the box we wrote in Barbie and Ken fonts "not approved for children under 45". We had the mattel logo on the back as well. My husband had an old tshirt and old white long johns he rolled in some dirt then put satin underwear over top, along with a pair of old work boots. I bought the biggest bra I could find at a second hand store and some really really big underwear then stuffed them both, and put an old housecoat over top. Curlers in my hair.
We attached the boxes to us with wires around our neck. We won 3 different contests!! It was a lot of fun.
Comments for Coolest Homemade Ken and Barbie Couple Costume 22
Our Barbie girls costume was based on our favorite childhood toy. We used large storage boxes, paint, and loads of hot glue! After cutting and painting the boxes, we found the fonts and words we needed to print on our box.
We found the Barbie logo and the Mattel sign, as well as making up names for our individual barbie. Then, with ribbon, we created shoulder straps so we could have our hands free for drinks and such. Then, we slapped a "Made in China" sign on the back of our box and there you have it...Barbie Girls!
Total cost= about $20 each, total time= about 6 hours, having the greatest costume ever= priceless!
My husband and I wanted a couples costume this Halloween and we thought of this Homemade Barbie and Ken Couple Costume.
I cut out boxes to resemble the Barbie boxes; pink paper was used for the covering, some decoration was added to the outside of the box and,of course, the names Ken and Barbie were written on the bottom. I then glued Tupperware containers on top so that we could balance the boxes on our head so it looked like they were floating around us.
We then decided to go for the preppy Barbie and Ken look to top off our look.