3 Year Old Edward Scissorhands Halloween Costume
This Edward Scissorhands Halloween costume is an easy costume to make and requires no sewing needed (no skill… lol), just fabric glue.
Edward Scissorhands Halloween Costume Instructions
- I loved the Edward Scissorhands film when I was younger. I wanted my son to be something cool, but not too scary, so this was the perfect idea.
- I had a leather jacket and trousers that were given to me.
- I bought some dog collars and belts, as well has having some at home.
- I arranged all of the bits where I liked them and used fabric glue to stick them all in place.
- My sister had lovely black boots with buckles on them so he borrowed those to complete the outfit (between us the jacket and trousers were girls’ (ah well … good job he’s too little to know).
- For the hair I bought a long black wig, cut it and back combed it and then hung it upside down and sprayed it with hair spray to get the effect of messy hair.
- Black gloves and cheap claw gloves were used to create the hands (not quite scissors, but good enough for a 3 year old.
- I used face paint to complete the rest of the look.
This costume was a big hit on Facebook, around town and at his school. I received lots of praise for my hard work … not just sticking. :)